Monday, February 21, 2011

Post-Weekend Update

Saturday was horrible. The depths of my hatred for Saturday cannot be fathomed by any man, woman or beast. Do you like dealing with mysterious, foreign plumbing? While you're suffering from a massive headache that was, if not caused by, at least aggravated by the excessive volume of your instructors' mics? And by the world's slowest elevator? And classes all drat day?

No. No one does.

On the plus side, while Sunday was still chock full o' classes and the world's slowest elevator was still that, it was substantially more bearable. And Saturday did feature my first experience with soju, in sort of a pineapple-flavoured slush form. No, I did not get hammered; that would have been silly.

As for today (Monday), pictures must be forthcoming, because today featured our excursion to a traditional culture centre and the Hanok village tour. I got to paint bamboo, dance while wearing a monkey mask, pretend to be the mother of a bride, eat some delicious pastries that tasted a lot like the donuts mother used to make, go up a lot of stairs, dodge traffic in narrow streets, and look upon all sorts of strange and wonderful street merchandise. The best moment, though, had to be when a middle-aged gentleman came up to me to have a basic conversation in English. "Hello! How are you? It's warm weather today, isn't it? Have a good day!" and so on. It was awesome.

I'm not going to lie, though; I'm pretty frickin' tired. So I'm going to lie down and read now.

1 comment:

  1. When you're not going to lie, lie down. I like it. Sounds like Monday was good. May you have no more Saturdays... like that. Happy thoughts go to you!

    ReplyDelete