Friday, February 18, 2011

Pictures!

So it's just before seven AM at Jeonju University, where I'm having my orientation. I zonked out at nine, after swearing that I'd keep up until eleven so as to get myself back into the proper eight hours. By 'after', I mean 'five minutes'. I'm just that good.

Today marks the third day of orientation. We will have classes today; fun times! They've placed us in dormitories with two people to a dorm - my temporary roomie is a nice young lady from Orlando. (She likes Macs, but we won't hold that against her.) Most of the other teachers I seem to meet are from South Africa.

It's cold but not overly so here. There's enough snow on the ground to mess with traction. There's comforting mountains and trees that are strange and different.

But I know what you people want. So transparent! Well, here you are.

Boy Meets Girl; Boy Hides

John A. Macdonald surveys his domain - the view from my dorm. (John A.'s suffering from severe *ahem* 'jet lag', so he won't be featuring in too many pics for a bit.)
There's artwork on the long concrete wall seen outside my dorm, this being a small sample. This is also a 'behold the glories of zoom!' shot, for we're twelve floors up.During the opening ceremonies, they showed some awesome things, including drumming (if there's any Korean art I'd like to try, this is it)...Taekwondo (I didn't get many good pics of this for obvious reasons, but trust me, it was awesome)...And fan dancing (graceful and elegant in exactly the way I'm not).Finally, gaze upon my dinner, ye mighty, and despair.

That is all for now, for I must shower and breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. I shall await your next post with wine in hand. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neato. Are there always extravagant opening ceremonies for everything? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete