Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Night Before

The suitcases are packed. They did not hold as much as I'd have liked. The old apartment has been left behind in favour of my parents' house; they've still yet to divorce or murder each other.

I'm not nervous at the moment. Hurrah for atavan.

What's it going to be like? Will I like it? Who knows? I haven't any frame of reference for this thing. The farthest west I've gone is Vancouver Island. East? Halifax. South? Grand Coulee Dam. Now granted, Nova Scotia and the States are certainly foreign cultures to this British Columbian lass, but there's degrees here.

So, then.

If I never return, I leave it up to those left behind as to who gets my good crap.

Mitts off the lamp, Starsha.

4 comments:

  1. It will be dazzling, confusing, infuriating and intoxication all at the same time. It will simultaneously be the best and worst experiences of your life. An adventure that will truly shape who you are and make you miss Fuzzy Peaches... you better not be teasing me or I will send my Korean ninjas after you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vancouver will miss you, Korea is lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know where you are going yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo: I would never tease about something so grave because I am not Hitler.

    Angela: Ah, Vancouver. So rainy. So clement.

    Brady: The province of Gyeongbuk, but not anything more specific than that. Mystery town!

    ReplyDelete