Thursday, February 17, 2011

Flying is Weird

First, before I begin, I'd like to point out that the entire journey, from leaving Abbotsford to checking in at YVR to the twelve-hour expanse of the flight, to the claiming of the baggage and whatnot, to the arrival at Jeonju University has taken less time than the shortest bus from Coquitlam to Lethbridge that Greyhound provides. And Greyhound has never fed me.

It has been a long, tiring day, with the definition of 'day' being stretched to the breaking point given the twelve hours of flying west. Here are some things I've learned:

1) Baggage is a bastard. If you think you've packed just enough, you've packed too much.

2) On such journeys, it is hard to tell when your next meal will be. Grab one when you can.

3) Don't fall asleep on the keyboard, which is what I'm threatening to do right now.

So as it's past midnight on the 18th so far as Seoul's concerned and I woke up at seven o'clock, Pacific time, on the 16th, maybe I ought to tuck myself in now. I have to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for my medical check-up tomorrow, after all. Huzzah!

2 comments:

  1. You're in Jeonju? That's nowhere near Daegu! You got lucky: their maekolli kicks ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just in Jeonju for the orientation, holed up in the university. Most of my time will be taken up with classes, but I'll try to sample some maekolli before we're dispersed.

    ReplyDelete