Saturday, November 12, 2011

The dating situation in Andong sucks and I will tell you about it.

Not just for me, but for every westerner in town.

It comes down to simple mathematics. The fewer English speakers in town, the smaller the dating pool, the lower the chance that you will find someone with the right sort of chemistry. Thus, the power of science is against us.

So the vast majority of us wind up being frustrated pandas, bitching about our prospects while quaffing a beer in Indis. And nothing, in a manner of speaking, gets done.

Basically what I'm saying is, while I quite like where I am, there are times - there are times - where I wish I was in the big city. But on the plus side, I'm reading a shit load of books!

3 comments:

  1. Well then, you must learn the local dialect. This will increase your odds. Exponentially. It's science.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, believe me, I am trying. At this point, I can order gentlemen food in a restaurant, which might offend their sense of pride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete