Monday, May 6, 2013

The Ongoing Struggle

Disclaimer: I am not an industrial factory worker from the nineteenth century. Compared to said worker, my problems are tiddlywinks.

Even so, I continue to struggle with coming up with a damned schedule that works for me. Here it is, as it stands:

5:30 - Get my ass out of bed. Throw on clothes, because Buffy's got to go on her walk, and there's usually a couple of people out on the street who might be offended if I saunter around naked.
6:00 - Fucking aerobics. I do it in the morning, because I feel like I have part of the day robbed from me if I do that or other exercise in the evening.
6:30 - Shower, because for some strange reason, I'm sweaty and gross.
7:30 - Clothes on? Make-up on? Hair somewhat dry? Dog fed and watered? Time to ride my bike to work.
8:30 - Be a contributing member of the labour force, curse at stupid security system. (At least I can get around it to get at Google Drive now.)
4:30 - Ride my bike home, curse at everyone who parks their vehicle on the curb or sidewalk or ignore the lights or won't move their asses out of the way even though I've rung that bell and they've looked me dead in the eye and they KNOW I'm there and don't have enough space to get around them, those assholes.
5:00 - Walk the bitch, delightful though she is.
5:30 - Listen to a Pimsleur Korean MP3. Do all the Pimsleur series presume that you're male? It's kind of weird.
6:00 - Get other shit done, like practice singing or try and fail to write something interesting or go to a cafe to drink coffee and try to look interesting, Buffy needs love now, oh hey, when are you going to finish cleaning, how about cooking a proper meal for yourself, can't you pay attention to this TV show or movie for more than ten minutes, fuck it, just start reading again.
10:00 - Sleep.

(The cafe is important; if I leave myself in my apartment for too long, I start trying to chat with the dog and she just isn't a good conversationalist.)

So you can see how I might have problems fitting everything in. I do not expect advice for this. However, if you have a TARDIS to provide, that would be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment